The 5 practicing lawyers at Ridley, Chuff, Kosierowski & Scanlon, P.C.:
David was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania, in 1963. A graduate of Abington Heights High School, he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Public Administration from the University of Scranton in 1985. David began his career as a staff assistant to Congressman Joseph M. McDade (R-PA) and later spent six years working in the insurance industry in various capacities before pursuing his law degree.
David obtained his Juris Doctor from Widener University School of Law in Harrisburg in 1997, graduating Cum Laude. He was a member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society and served as teaching fellow for Legal Research and Methods. David was twice awarded the Certificate of Achievement, which recognizes the highest grade achieved in a class, for Civil Procedure II and Family Law Seminar. He was named the Most Promising Civil Litigator by Widener University School of Law, and received the Excellence in Litigation Award from the Center for Forensic Economic Studies. David was a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society for excellence in academics. During law school, he interned at the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office.
After law school, David served as law clerk to the Hon. Trish Corbett, Court of Common Pleas, Lackawanna County. After his clerkship, Attorney Chuff worked in private practice concentrating in bankruptcy, real property, and civil litigation, representing individual and corporate clients in both plaintiff and defense cases.
In November 2007, David opened his own practice with his partner, Attorney Joseph Kosierowski. With offices in Scranton and Milford, Pennsylvania, Chuff & Kosierowski, P.C., has grown to become Ridley, Chuff, Kosieowski & Scanlon, P.C. We specialize in residential and commercial real estate property transactions, land use zoning issues, municipal law, civil litigation, estate planning and administration, and various tax issues. David serves as the Solicitor of the Delaware Township Planning Commission. He was admitted to the Bar of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court, Middle District Pennsylvania, in 1997.
David is involved in various community and volunteer organizations. Currently, he serves as Chairman of the Leadership of the Lackawanna Board of Directors, and on Voluntary Action Center Board of Directors, Chair of the Volunteer Center Council Advisory Board, The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Executive Committee and the Finance Committee of St. Gregory’s Parish, Clarks Green. Attorney Chuff coached girls softball in the Abington Area Girl’s Softball League, for seven years.
David lives in Clarks Summit with his wife, Gemma, and his daughter, Mary.
• Abington Heights High School,
• Bachelor of Science degree, University of Scranton, Scranton, PA, 1985
• Juris Doctor, Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, PA 1997 (Cum Laude)
• Member, Trial Advocacy Honor Society
• Teaching Fellow for Legal Research and Methods
• Certificate of Achievement (highest grade in a class)
bar admission & experience
• Pike County and Pennsylvania Bar Association,
• Lackawanna County District
• Private Practice, focusing on real estate property,
• Private Practice in Northeastern Pennsylvania, focusing on residential and commercial real estate property transactions, land use zoning issues, municipal law, and civil litigation, 2001-Present
• Delaware Township Planning Commission, solicitor
• Board of Directors, Leadership of
• Volunteer Center Council Advisory Board, chair
• Voluntary Action Center, board member
• Executive Committee of Friendly Sons, of
• Finance Committee of St. Gregory’s Parish,
• Presidential Service Award, UNICO – Annual